Games were created to provide us with a fun way to pass the time but they also have the effect of keeping our minds and reactions sharp. Crossword is one of the oldest examples of the puzzle game that is still widely played across the world. Presented with a large grid of empty boxes marked with small numbers and a list of clues down below, it's up to you to them out with all the right words.
How to play Crossword
Crossword is easy to understand but can be hard to solve based on your knowledge of various trivia. Luckily, you can play the game at your leisure while trying to test your mind. The whole game is controlled by the mouse. When you're at a Crossword grid, just click on the box you want to fill in and select what letter you want to place.
The clues for the rows across and down will be listed at the bottom of the screen. When you begin filling out squares, the line that you're currently on will display the related clue above the keyboard in the bottom half of the screen. You can change which clue you want to solve by either clicking on the square in the grid or by clicking one of the arrows on either side of the clue. When you add a letter, you can toggle the Incorrect filter above the keyboard on or off. Incorrect letters will appear red and the Crossword will be complete once the grid has been filled with all the correct words.
Crossword Puzzle Selection
Before you start playing Crossword, you'll get a choice of just how big you want it to be. There are four grid sizes, each having countless puzzles with their own clues to play. Each one will only offer six to start but you can unlock more by completing those available and earning points. These are the following grid options:
- Release Date: 1913-12-21 (published on GamePix, 2021-01-08)
- Developer: Arthur Wynne
- Platforms: Web Browser, iOS, and Android Devices
- Languages: Dependant on your region
- Last Update: 2021-01-14
Where to play Crossword
You can play Crossword through a Web Browser or download it onto your iOS and Android devices. Depending on which version you pick, prices can differ but most are available for free. To play it on your computer, follow these steps:
- Go to GamePix.com and search for Crossword
- The icon for Crossword is black and white with grids, numbers, and the word Crossword pasted across them
- Click the icon followed by the Play Now button and the game will start loading the Main Menu
- Click Crosswords, then scroll to choose your grid size and the puzzle you'd like to try
- You'll then be taken to the crossword grid, the clues will appear on the bottom half of the screen, and you can start solving
Games similar to Crossword
Crossword falls under the Word Games category of GamePix. If you type Crossword into the GamePix search bar, the main game will pop up along with variants such as Casual, Holiday, and Witch Crossword games.