The Home of NFT Games
If you’re looking for NFT games then you are definitely in the right place! We understand that NFT games are an exciting new type of game that everybody seems to be talking about. There’s something about NFT games that really separates them from traditional games models and everybody wants to know all about it.
To Funge Or Not To Funge
NFTs or Non-Fungible Tokens are unique, digital, non-interchangeable units. They are digital collectibles that are made possible by the blockchain, the technology behind digital “cryptocurrencies” like Ethereum and Bitcoin. The blockchain is an online ledger of every activity that’s ever occurred to each unit in the currency, and it can’t be duplicated or changed. It is incorruptible proof of the history of ownership for the game assets that you own.
This means that only one person can own each asset on the blockchain at any given time and that you can’t steal anything from anybody on the blockchain. That kind of reliability makes blockchain-based NFTs a great means of digital ownership for pretty much anything online, particularly in-game items, consumables, skins and other tradeable items. With NFT-based ownership you can;
- Buy digital assets — Whether for real world currency, cryptocurrencies like Ethereum and Bitcoin, or even in-game currency, you can buy and own NFT-based digital assets as confidently and permanently as you do real world items like TVs and cars. Once you’ve bought that item, it belongs to you alone until you decide to sell it. It doesn’t disappear when a game goes offline and it won’t vanish if you don’t keep up a subscription.
- Sell digital assets — In a similar way, digital sales of NFTs are full, final and permanent. You know exactly what you are getting and it can’t get lost in the mail or damaged, or stolen. It’s a rock solid transaction, as real as anything out there.
- Trade digital assets — NFT-based game assets can be traded for real-world crypto currencies as well as normal money, or they can simply be traded for other in-game, NFT-based assets.
The NFTs and the blockchain in general bring a much needed sureness to the world of in-game commerce. A decentralized register of ownership is an excellent incentive for more players to get involved. With NFT-based game content, the digital asset is available outside of the platform for all players to view and use. This, too, brings digital ownership even closer to feeling like “real” ownership.
GameFi and the Play-to-Earn Model
GameFi is another phrase you might have heard. It’s definitely a buzz-word in NFT gaming at the moment. GameFi is essentially a market which exists within the wider “decentralized finance” market of all the other cryptocurrencies. It’s a sector of tech that sits right on the boundary between blockchain technology and cryptocurrencies.
The games in the GameFi sector use play-to-earn systems that award players NFTs or in-game cryptocurrency as a reward for play. Those awards can then be sold as if they were any real world prize, for cryptocurrency or cold, hard cash.
Some play-to-earn games give you an award of a percentage of the fees they take on trades through their platform. How much that is depends a lot on the platform, the number of trades and a million other factors, but it’s a new and fascinating way for players to buy in to the games that they love.
NFT Games Vs Traditional Games
You can say that traditional games are “centralized” because the skins, characters, weapons, and even source code of one game cannot be used for other games. NFT games present new opportunities for spreading the assets in the game — perhaps even the game itself — across many different systems, “decentralizing” them.
NFT games are presented on the blockchain, usually through Ethereum or Binance Smart Chain (BSC). This means they operate on all the computers that are connected to the network, not the server farm of one company. They are nowhere and they are everywhere.
NFT Games and The Metaverse
The capability of NFT-based game assets to work across multiple games and platforms makes them a strong candidate for forming some part of the Metaverse, if and when it starts to gather pace. NFT-based assets would be an excellent way of handling real estate sales in the Metaverse and allowing it to have the reality-like shops and businesses that it needs.
NFTs and Trading
Cryptocurrencies and NFTs can seem like a scary world and many banks will warn you about any dealings with decentralized finance. There certainly are a lot of dishonest people out there who can operate easily in the poorly-regulated world of crypto.
That said there are some precautions you can take to make yourself safer when dealing with cryptocurrencies online;
- If in any doubt at all then stop. Don’t let FOMO panic you into a bad decision.
- Make sure you research any exchange that you plan to use carefully. Start with the big ones and stay there until you know what you’re doing.
- Research all cryptocoins before you buy them. They all release information when they launch. Find that info and read it.
- Remember that nobody can predict the market to a certainty. Be very wary of anybody who claims that they can. Some are good at spotting trends and patterns but no serious trader will pretend to have a system that’s one hundred percent guaranteed.
- Store any crypto you have in an offline secure wallet. This will keep it completely protected from hackers.
If you’re not sure whether you’re ready to jump into online investment in the heady world of DeFi, then that’s fine! Sit back instead. Relax. Grab one of our free NFT games. They could not be less risky — each is playable straight from your web browser on any device, and you don’t need to download, install or update anything ever.
What does NFT mean games?
NFT stands for non-fungible token. It’s a unique, digital item that you can buy, sell and trade. The item’s ownership is recorded in the blockchain, a public, online ledger that shows every time that item was bought or sold. In games, NFTs are used to create unique assets — characters, clothes, weapons etc. — which players can then buy or earn. The NFTs you earn are yours for as long as you want and can be moved from game to game.
Can I play NFT games for free?
Yes you can! Right here on the NFT games section of the GamePix site, we have a plethora of excellent NFT games and NFT-themed games for you to choose from. The best news? They’re all free and they all work straight out of your browser on any device, with no need to download, install or update anything ever.
Can you make money with NFT games?
Yes you can, although it is difficult. You could play a play-to-earn game to get your hands on some NFTs, then trade them for a strong in-game crypto-currency, then trade that for a regular crypto-currency like Ethereum. You’d need a lot of research and a little luck but it’s definitely not impossible.
What are the most popular nft games?
- Dogeminer 2
- Mini Royale 2 io Nations
- Bitcoin Tap Tap Mine
- BITCOIN vs ETHEREUM DASH IOTA