Call of Tanks
In games where you get to ride in vehicles, you can only hope that the selection will include some kind of tank like the ones you command in Call of Tanks. You'll find yourself in command of a small base in a desert region where you're trying to hold control of a territory. Of course, there are other bases also trying to take over and are just as determined as you. It's an isometric real-time strategy game where you have to send teams of drivers of various vehicles in order to take the fight to the enemy base while defending your own in order to claim victory.
About Call of Tanks
Despite how popular takes are in popular media, especially in video games, there's not much that we know about them. The average person would probably be unlikely to name one kind of tank, but this game can definitely teach you something about them. You have quite a large roster of tanks and other vehicles that you can see how they work in tandem. This is where the strategy comes into place because vehicles are costly and you don't want to blow all your cash on spamming the same tank. You'll see quickly how a balanced force is the key to victory.
How to Play
Call of Tanks is a real-time strategy game with zoomed-out view that allows you to make decisions from afar with the mouse as you survey with the keyboard.
- Mouse Cursor - Navigate Menus
- Left Mouse Button - Make Selection
- Mousewheel - Change Altitude
- Right Mouse Button (hold) - Change Angle
- W/Up Arrow - Pan Camera Up
- S/Down Arrow - Pan Camera Down
- A/Left Arrow - Pan Camera Left
- D/Right Arrow - Pan Camera Right
While many battles are fought with soldiers, here you'll be fighting exclusively with vehicles. Each level puts your base on side and the enemy base opposite it. You fight by selecting vehicles to spawn from the menu in the lower right corner. To place them on the field, click and then drag the selected vehicle into the spawn are in front of your base. Each vehicle costs money and your total amount is tracked above the vehicle menu.
The vehicles will then automatically make their way to the enemy base, attacking any enemies they encounter. While in the enemy base, your vehicles will attack until its structures until its destroyed or they are. You'll win once the enemy Command Center is destroyed and lose if your own is destroyed.
Tips and Tricks
It may be tempting to just spam the strongest tanks you have, but your finances are quite limited so spend wisely. You should also adjust your strategy based on what the mission parameters are, some having harsh restrictions. Also, try to spawn vehicles as close together as possible so that they support each other and attack more effectively.
Call of Tanks Upgrades
You'll earn Metal as you complete missions which can be used to buy upgrades for your tanks, defenses, and eventually whole bases.
- Humvee - A cheap, light, and fast-moving vehicle.
- APC - An armored but still mobile and affordable vehicle.
- Rhino - A backbone tank with decent firepower and armor.
- Mammoth - A massive and destructive tank.
- Ambulance - A support vehicle that helps repair other units.
- Suicide Truck - A fast-moving vehicle full of explosives meant to hit once and hard.
- Radar - A support device meant to help vehicles with tracking.
- Bell - A small and fast-moving helicopter.
- Apache - An armored attack helicopter equipped with heavy weapons.
- Tower - Tall structures made to attack all sorts of vehicles.
- AT Gun - Grounded weapons made to do heavy damage.
- Air Defense - Missile launchers designed to quickly eliminate air units.
- Command Center - The base nerve center which generates most of the income.
- Barracks - A support structure that provides additional income.
- Helipad - A place for air units that provides additional income.
- Keep - A starter base with minimal defenses.
- Castle - A fortified base with additional defenses.
- Stronghold - A tough and expanded base with stronger counterattacks.
- Empire - The largest and toughest base with max defenses.
- Developer: Beedo Games
- Platforms: Web Browser (PC and mobile) and Android
- Languages: English
Is Call of Tanks free?
On all of its available platforms, the game is free to play and download. However, there are in-game options to purchase more Metal if need be.