1941 Frozen Front
Plenty of games base themselves on futuristic, fantastical, and historical warfare with the third being quite popular due to the realism element like in 1941 Frozen Front. This takes you back in time to the midst of WWII when soldiers from various countries found themselves in unfamiliar terrain as they prepared to fight an enemy that they had never even seen. You will have to lead and order squads of infantry troops across harsh environments while being aided by all the new vehicles and weaponry at the time. It's not just about having power, it's about knowing how best to use it.
About 1941 Frozen Front
The effect of playing through historical events and time periods is that you have to remember the limitations of the time. In this game, it becomes quite obvious what the strengths and weaknesses of each new machine were at the time. It highlights the fact that instead of making the current machines better, people instead chose to design different machines to counter the strongest ones at the time. It shows the value of human strength and effort which rely on strategic thinking and wise leadership in order to carry out their mission and come back safely. It's all in your hands so handle things carefully.
How to Play
1941 Frozen Front is an isometric hexagonal strategy game controlled with the mouse. To select a unit or structure, click on it with the Left Mouse Button. You can then use actions by clicking the corresponding icons, clicking points on the map for movement, and on enemy units to attack them. Each unit has limited action points which are used for moving around the map. The goal of each mission is to accomplish the objective such as capturing an area or defeating all the enemy forces. If you fail the objective or your forces are wiped out, you'll need to retry the mission.
Depending on the campaign, you'll have access to any mix of the following units: Tanks, Planes, Infantry, Trucks, and Turrets. The first three are made for attacking and capturing while the last two are made for defense. When attacking, you can use Action Points to move your units around the map and then order them to attack enemies in range. Units will also automatically return fire when attacked, but only once per turn. You also note that in addition to health, all units have limited ammo and vehicles require fuel. These can be refilled and health can be restored by using the resupply action at the cost of gold. You can earn gold by defeating enemy units.
On certain maps, you'll have access to Supply Depots or will have the opportunity to seize them from enemies. These structures need to be defended and as long as you control them, their services can be used. They can resupply units efficiently and can even call in reinforcements to strengthen your army.
Tips and Tricks
Whenever you have a structure or Supply Depot, your priority is to keep it defended as it will keep your forces strong. Next, you need to designate forces into defending, attacking, and scouting teams. It may sound like a good idea to send all of your forces to attack at once, but if you're ambushed, your strongest can be wiped out quickly. Planes and Infantry are useful for taking the lead while tanks and trucks bring up the rear.
1941 Frozen Front Units
There are 5 categories of units that you'll need to manage and control effectively if you want to complete the campaign.
- Infantry - Represented by small human soldiers, this is the backbone of your army. They can weave through the terrain, fortify themselves, and occupy bunkers for extra defensive and offensive power.
- Tanks - The most powerful asset to your forces, these large vehicles are well-armored and equipped with powerful weapons. They can eliminate enemy units easily and fortify themselves but are vulnerable to air and group assaults.
- Trucks - These utility vehicles are made to support your forces. Though vulnerable, they're helpful when it comes to resupplying in the midst of battle or transporting turrets around the area.
- Planes - These aerial units are the most mobile, being able to fly easily over the field. They can be strong with their guns and bombs but will fall quickly to solid defenses.
- Turrets - These giant and immobile guns are made to hit targets far away for massive damage. They can camouflage with their surroundings for extra defense but become very vulnerable once located.
- Developer: Handy Games
- Platforms: Web Browser (PC and mobile)
- Languages: English
Can you play 1941 Frozen Front online?
The game requires an online connection to play on Web Browser or download on your device. There's a single-player campaign, but the app version offers a competitive online mode where you can fight the armies of other players.
Games similar to 1941 Frozen Front
Based on the premise of the game, it can be found in the War and Tank Games categories on GamePix. It can be found alongside games like Call of Tanks, Funny Battle Simulator 2, Battle Dudes io, and Metal Animals.