Fighting games are pretty straightforward when it comes to playing but creators have tried to change them in various ways like with Superfighters. This small colorful fighting game puts you in a 2D world where you control one of several buff guys who punch boxes for breakfast. Although they're built to take and dish out punishment with their bare fists, that's not their only option. The environments you'll be fighting in have plenty of weapons and items to take advantage of as you try to be the last one standing and prove that you're the toughest dude around.
The act of fighting has been shown to be cathartic, whether it's in real life or in a video game. This is an example of an over-the-top action-style fighting scenario where you're trying to beat your opponents as you make a mess of the arena. Just moving around and punching is enough to tear things up so the available firepower and explosives just add more punch to it. Depending on whether you're fighting your friend or working together, you may need to rely on some strategy and finesse to ensure that you'll last long enough to see the fight to the end.
How to Play
Superfighters is a 2D platforming fighting game that is played with the keyboard. If you're playing with someone else locally, then you'll need to take opposite sides.
Player 1 Controls
- Up Arrow - Jump
- Down Arrow - Crouch
- Left Arrow - Move Left (double tap to Sprint)
- Right Arrow - Move Right (double tap to Sprint)+
- N - Melee Attack (swap weapons by pressing while crouching near them)
- (Hold) M - Equip Firearm (aim with arrow keys, release to fire)
- , - Equip Grenade (aim with arrow keys, release to throw)
- . - Use Bullet-time
Player 2 Controls
- W - Jump
- S - Crouch
- A - Move Left (double tap to Sprint)
- D - Move Right (double tap to Sprint)+
- 1 - Melee Attack (swap weapons by pressing while crouching near them)
- (Hold) 2 - Equip Firearm (aim with arrow keys, release to fire)
- (Hold) 3 - Equip Grenade (aim with arrow keys, release to throw)
- 4 - Use Bullet-time
No matter what game mode you playing, the objective revolves around keeping your fighter alive and taking out your opponents. Each fighter has a health and sprint bar shown at the top of the screen that will recover over time. Health depletes from taking damage while stamina depletes from exhausting actions like Sprinting. You can take cover behind solid objects like boxes by moving into them. You can collect weapons and items by making contact with them and then equipping them to use them. The game ends when either your fighter falls or your opponents do.
Tips and Tricks
Modeled after old-school arcade and platforming games, you should take some time to get used to the controls and movement. It can also be easy to lose track of your fighter in densely packed environments so maintain your awareness. Your melee attack has a limited range but is dependable, meaning you should get your hands on melee weapons first.
Superfighters Game Modes
The title offers three different game modes that are available to both 1 player and 2 player games.
- VS Mode - Fight against your friend locally or a computer opponent. You can choose the stage, the number of opponents, and the type of scoring system.
- Stage Mode - Fight your way through a consecutive line of stages to beat every challenger and become the best.
- Survival - The fighters will never stop coming so you'll need to hold out for as long as you can.
- Developer: Johan Hjärpe, Alexander Sigur, and Hzlancer
- Platforms: Web Browser (PC and mobile)
- Languages: English
Can you play Superfighters online?
Even though this original version of the game is limited to local multiplayer, an updated version called Superfighters Deluxe does offer the option of online multiplayer.
Is there a mobile version of the game?
While there is no official app for Superfighters, you can try to play it on your phone through the Web Browser.
Games similar to Superfighters
As an action and fighting game, this title fits into the Fighting and 2 Player Games categories on GamePix. Also in these categories are games like Pro Wrestling Action, Kung Fu Fighting, Moon City Stunt, and Stick War.